ALC EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors are expected to conduct themselves with integrity, collegiality and care while participating in or conducting business during the ALC event. ALC events are defined as any in-person or virtual event used to curate meetings, business functions, or social events. This policy extends to any social events affiliated with the ALC event. Conduct details include:
- Acting in a professional and appropriate manner at all times during an ALC event, whether for educational, business or social functions.
- Refraining from any activity or action that could adversely reflect upon ALC or that is inconsistent with treating all ALC employees, attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors with dignity and respect.
- Respecting the opinions of fellow event attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and ALC employees, leaving personal prejudices out of all discussions.
- Representing their organization in a positive and supportive manner.
- Showing respect and courteous conduct.
- Complying with ALC’s zero-tolerance policy for harassment at all ALC educational, business and/or social functions.
ALC provides a comfortable and inclusive experience for every exhibitor, sponsor, and attendee regardless of gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or any other protected category.
ALC has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, ALC employees or affiliates in any form, including, but not limited to:
- Verbal language that reinforces social structures of domination
- Sexual imagery and language
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photographs or recordings
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Offensive verbal language
- Unwelcome sexual or physical attention
In relation, but not limited to:
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Body size
We encourage you to report any behavior that makes you or others feel uncomfortable. Harassment, discrimination, and disrespect are not only not tolerated, but we encourage anyone who witnesses any such behavior to report it. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please reach out to a ULS employee via telephone at 0703253733, 0777522820 and 0774590680 or email email@example.com
While ALC takes all concerns raised seriously, we will use our discretion and consult qualified legal advice to determine when and how to follow up on reported incidents and may decline to take any further action and/or may direct the participant to other resources for resolution. ALC will take any action we deem appropriate, including giving verbal and written warnings, as well as expelling the offender from the event with no refund. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.